What: Keysight will participate in the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium (IMS), the world's largest gathering of RF and microwave professionals.
When: from June 19 to 24, 2022
Where: Denver–Colorado Convention Center
The Keysight team will be available onsite June 22 at 1:00 pm EDT with a 30-minute interactive tour of each demo booth. To learn more about Keysight's activities at the fair, visit Keysight at IMS 2022.
Media Activities: Contact Geri LaCombe to arrange solution demos and media briefings.
Keysight experts will explore the pinnacles of microwave engineering through the following demos, white paper presentations, labs, and tutorials:
Broadband Active Component Testing
- Keysight will demonstrate a millimeter-frequency broadband active device characterization solution including the PNA-X N5247B Microwave Vector Analyzer, the VXG M9484C Vector Signal Generator, and a proprietary Direct Digital Synthesizer (DDS), as well as an application for distortion measure in modulation. This solution simplifies complex measurement setups with a single connection between the network analyzer and the signal generator. Improves time and accuracy over a wide range of active device measurements by providing the lowest residual EVM (Error Vector Magnitude).
5G design in mmWave
- 5G applications on millimeter waves (mmWave) integrate numerous technologies and use complex digital modulation schemes to expand the limits of element encapsulation for electromagnetic (EM) and circuit simulation. Keysight PathWave Advanced Design System (ADS) software supports 3D features at the layout and assembly level for modules of multiple radio frequency (RF) technologies, including RF integrated circuits (RFICs), monolithic microwave integrated circuits (MMICs), potting at the wafer level and printed circuit boards (PCBs).
Signal Analysis in the Field
- Instrument size, weight, and capabilities are key factors in increasing the efficiency of the field technician. Keysight's FieldFox N9953B Microwave Handheld Analyzer is a powerful, lightweight field test solution that improves network quality and beam performance as users transition to 5G and 6G. Field technicians can evaluate key metrics from multiple base stations to identify frequency drift, isolate power usage, and investigate performance issues.
Test Bed Solutions for Research and Development
- The 5G demo includes Keysight M9484C VXG Vector Signal Generator, N9042B UXA Signal Analyzer, and RCal module solutions to demonstrate cutting-edge Error Vector Magnitude (EVM) and Adjacent Channel Leakage Ratio (ACLR) capabilities in FR1 /FR2 with single or multiple carrier configurations.
- The 6G demo includes a Nokia Bell Lab D-band “radio-in-crystal” transceiver with an active phased array antenna module that highlights the ability of Keysight's 6G test bed to facilitate high-bandwidth measurements and explore scenarios ultra-high data rate.
Digital Twin in RF System
- Keysight's PathWave System Design facilitates excellence in RF modeling and accelerates the digital mission engineering workflow. The phased antenna array beamforming simulation and analysis capabilities of this solution cover all non-ideal effects in the channels between amplifiers and antennas.
Testing Between RF and Digital Domains
- The Keysight solution reduces weeks of measurement and analysis efforts to minutes, making single measurements of hundreds of frequency points. The transmit/receive digital module (TRM) test methodology enables users to characterize the complete RF path and produces metrology-grade measurement results traceable to national standards in measurements in both RF and Digital domains.
Keysight experts will also deliver the following presentations and demonstrations for attendees:
- RF Boot Camp (5 presentations)
- Challenges of Automatic Fixture Removal (AFR) in Cryogenic Environments
- Characterization of an InP Distributed Amplifier from DC to 170 GHz Using a Transmission Line Loss Compensation Technique
- Material Characterization and Confirmation for 5G/Millimeter Wave Applications
- IQ Delay-Locked Modulator from 15 to 72 GHz in Closed Loop with Corrections for 5G Applications
- RF Interference Hunting for Young Professionals
- Application of the VNA for Measurements of Superconducting Microwave Resonators
- Solid State Qubit Accelerated Preview
- Characterization of S Parameters in Differential or Isolated Mode at Cryogenic Temperatures for Quantum Computing Applications